🔔 The NGMI Edition: Electric Vehicles, Supply Chains & Politicians
Electric Vehicles are 'only for the rich' Supply chains disrupting production well into next year... When's the political revolution?
🔔 Economic power shifts, marshmallows & manipulated data
Global economic power continues to shift from West to East Stick cooperation into your economic models! Can China's official data be trusted?
Morning Call: Afghanistan has fallen, China weighs on the Aussie and UK house prices facing a peak
the situation in Afghanistan, and the Aussie dollar getting hit by a double whammy of China slowdown (and data misses) alongside Australian lockdowns
🔔 Football's getting 'Messi' & Bilderberg for economists...
Football's business insanity is fantastic, but those finances are a long way from fixed... Heard of the Bilderberg meetings? Turns out there's an economist version Bleak outlook for Thailands' tourism industry
🔔 Higher wages & index misunderstandings... Will the Fed spoil the party?
Wages are going up (for now): can the trend continue? Index hate (especially the DXY) Kaplan's deeper insights on a Fed taper decision
🔔 Hey China, we really miss you, let's meet up. xoxo
Loveletters to China from US trade groups S&P to 4700 this year, then 10,000 Tesla isn't in the big boys EV club Comparing WW2 blackouts to vaccinations
🔔 The beats go on, but will Robinhood IPO mark the top?
Massive earnings beats continue, Robinhood IPO looms large over BTFDers and the Dividend Aristocrats maintain that boring is best...
🔔 Today is Monday so this will be the BEST thing you've ever read
What's Monday got to do with it being the best? Don't give me cheap "correlation doesn't equal causation" gibes. It gets old and the burden of proof is on you.
🔔 Big Tech breakups won't happen: Let them fight it out!
A fight to the death, Gladiator style, then regulate the winner. The Hunger Games for Big Tech (but who gets the streaming rights...?)
🔔 Here's why Amazon & MGM are the perfect match...
Did Amazon overpay or is there more to this story? $8.45 billion is a high price for MGM who were reportedly available for a mere $5 billion at the end of last year... (& get to know Big Tech better)
🔔 Emerging Market and Budget Special
OK Rishi, well done I think he's passed the test here, by providing fiscal certainty to the market. Here's a quick rundown of what he has laid out in the Spring budget... Rather than reinvent the wheel, you can check out the full budget breakdown here 👇
🔔 Why everything you know about tax is wrong, with special guest, Dominic Frisby
A Fantastic Chat with Dominic Frisby 🏡 Georgism fixes everything 💸 Why QE is a tax on the poor 💄 Beauty beats education
WFH is here to stay & London is still the financial hub of Europe
Quick note. Me and Tim jumped on for the pre-US open update We're doing these via Stereo from now on... You can listen to today's 👉 here 👈 What did we cover?💥 Inflation (yes again, but it’s important) 💥 Share
Opening Belle - U.S. Budget 'Fast-Tracked', NFP's & Vaccine Passports
Risk ON ahead of NFP's Senate Budget Plan Passed Time To Leave TINA? Make America 'Make' Again UK Vaccine Passports...?
The Opening Belle - Herd Immunity Hopes Get A Boost
Oxford Vaccine Trials Offer Herd Immunity Hope China Growth Slowing - PMI's Draghi Return To Save Italy? Apple/Kia Reach $3.6 Billion Electric Vehicle Deal
The Opening Belle - Hang Seng Soars - Yellen Back In The Spotlight
- Hang Seng At 20-Month High - Iran Blames Blackouts On Bitcoin - Oil Optimism Outweighs Demand Concerns - BOJ Policy Review To Make ETF-Buys More Flexible
The Opening Belle - China's Economy in 'Remarkably' Good Shape
📈 China Data Drop: GDP Grew 6.5% in Q4 🛢Biden To Cancel Keystone Pipeline Project 💰 RBA Says Low Rates Inflate Asset Prices 🏖 U.S. MLK Holiday
The Opening Belle - China's Exports Surge, Biden's $2 Trillion Plan
- China's Record Trade Surplus - Trump Bolsters China Investment Ban - Chinese Staff Can Work In EU For 3 Years - Clarifying Clarida's 2% Inflation Targets - Biden's $2 Trillion Plan - Covid Immunity & J&J Vaccine
The Opening Belle - Stocks Are At Extreme Valuations (Exclusive)
- Risk Sentiment: Turnaround Tuesday? - Fed Taper Talks - Stocks 'Extreme Valuations' - Japan Deflation Fear Returning - China Plans Further Hong Kong Crackdown
The Opening Belle - Soft Risk Tone Dominates Early Trade
- Chinese CPI/PPI - Aus Retail Sales Surge by 7.1% - U.S-China Relations In Focus - Bitcoin Tumbles - UK To Tighten Covid Measures - Trump Impeachment
The Opening Belle - Markets Look Beyond Trump & Protests
- Risk Sentiment Remains Strong - Dem Senate To Make $2,000 Payment Priority - Crypto Market Tops $1 Trillion - Japan Wages Fall - Australian Trade Booms
The Opening Belle - Democrats Lead Runoffs, 10Y Yield Hits 1%
- Dems Lead Runoffs, U.S. 10Y hits 1% - Hong Kong Democracy Arrests - Trump Bans Chinese Apps Incl. AliPay - NYSE May U-Turn Again On China Delisting - Bitcoin Over $35,000
The Opening Belle - Oil Gains Ahead Of OPEC+, Ether Rockets Past $1,000
- China PMI Reading Slips - Japan Manufacturing PMI Hits 50 - Tokyo State Of Emergency? - OPEC+ Expected To Maintain Cuts - More China Delistings - Ethereum 🚀
The Opening Belle - Goodbye 2020, It's Been... Emotional
- McConnell Thwarts $2,000 Stimulus - U.S. Tariffs EU Wines, Aircraft Parts - Chinese PMI's - Growth Plateau - U.S, U.K. China Vaccine Tracking - Brexit Deal Approved - XRP First, Tether Next? - ECB Will Raise Rates If Needed: Weidmann
The Opening Belle - McConnell Postpones Vote on $2,000 Stimulus
- $2,000 Stimulus Looks Unlikely, $600 Payments En Route - XRP Delistings Continue - UK House Prices Rise Most In 6 Years - Oxford-AZN Vaccine Approved in UK, But More Restrictions Expected Today
The Opening Belle - Nikkei Soars To 29 Year High
- House Approves $2,000 Stimulus, Senate Vote Today - Tougher China Restrictions For U.S. Investor Funds - ERG Support Brexit Deal - EU/China Investment Pact - Small Chinese Firms & Retail Struggle To Access Credit - FAA Regulations Bring Drone Deliveries A Step Closer
The Opening Belle - Trump Wants Bigger Stimulus Payments, May Not Sign Relief Bill
- Trump Wants Spending Bill Modified, Bigger Stimulus Payments - Brexit Deal 'Possible' Today - API Crude Inventories Up - China/DCE Cools Iron Ore Rally
The Opening Belle - Covid Relief Bill FINALLY Passed
- Covid Relief Bill In Detail - Brexit - Fishing For A Headline - Australian Retail Sales Smash Expectations - Google, Facebook Team Up For AntiTrust
The Opening Belle - No GBP Love, Oil Slips, Gold & Silver Shine
- GBP Hit By Lockdown, Travel Restrictions, Brexit Impasse - U.S. Stimulus Deal Reached - China Maintains LPR - Hikes Next Year? - Defend 100 Yen Barrier
The Opening Belle - Brexit Crunch, Covid in Sydney, Quad-Witching
- Brexit - Another Weekend 'Deadline' Looms - BOJ Extends Funding Amid Deflation Fears - Covid Returns To Sydney - Stimulus Talks To Continue Over Weekend
The Opening Belle - Bitcoin Hits $22,000, Stimulus Deal Close
- Stimulus Deal Close - Fed QE To Continue Until Substantial Economic Progress Is Seen - Brexit Talks - Fishing In Focus - Oil At 9 Month Highs - Bitcoin to 400k?
The Opening Belle - Stimulus Hopes Increase, FOMC Day
- Stimulus Negotiations 'Getting Closer' - Brexit Trade Deal Next Week? - Japan's Exports Struggle - Australian PMI's Growth Momentum - Oil Inventories Increase
The Opening Belle - China Inflation Dips Below Zero
Positivity in Asian markets overnight, with the ASX up 0.6%, Nikkei +1.3% & KOSPI reversing yesterday's losses to gain 2%. With U.S. futures in the green, treasury yields slightly higher, and dollar (DXY) down to
The Opening Belle - Japan Unveils Stimulus, Australian Confidence Rises
Indecisive overnight trade in Asia, with indices mainly drifting lower. For the 100th time this year Reuters is running the 'Asian stocks under pressure as pandemic concerns outweigh stimulus hopes' headline. European Opening Calls:#FTSE 6538 -0.27%
The Opening Belle - Brexit, U.S Sanctions China, Covid Relief Bill Imminent?
A positive start to the Asian session faded somewhat on news that the U.S. is preparing new sanctions on Chinese officials over Hong Kong crackdown. Chinese markets broadly lower. S&P 500 futures briefly rallied above
The Opening Belle - Brexit Briefings - UK Vaccine Approved
Indices traded indecisively overnight, whilst dollar and oil have continued to the downside. EURUSD trades above 1.2070, Crude in the lower 44s, and Brent in the low 47s. Macrodesiac are huge fans of Utrust & their HOLD
The Opening Belle - Stocks Up, Dollar Softer - New Month, Familiar Story
Stocks are off to a positive start for December, bonds and dollar a little softer, oil indecisive amidst OPEC uncertainty. DXY couldn't hold above 92, with 91.75 the next level of support. European Opening Calls:#FTSE 6306
The Opening Belle - Dollar Down, Oil Pressured, Strong Chinese PMI's
A softer risk tone to close out November. Indices broadly lower, bonds & JPY catching a small bid, dollar still unloved, trading at lowest since April 2018. European Opening Calls:#FTSE 6330 -0.60%#DAX 13251 -0.64%
The Opening Belle - Markets Drifting, Oil Down, Bitcoin Selloff Pauses
A quiet overnight session, most markets trading indecisively amid the Thanksgiving holiday and the lack of a fresh narrative impulse. China's recovery continues; China's industrial profits grow at quickest monthly pace since early 2017 Profits at China’s
The Opening Belle - Oil higher, Stocks flat, U.S. data in focus
Asian indices pushed higher in early trade, paring gains later in the session. Nikkei moved up 1.6%, but later fell back to close +0.5% on the day. S.Korea's KOSPI was up 0.5% at one
The Opening Belle - Stocks Up, Yellen Nominated, Trump Transition 'Approval'
Overnight positivity in the markets. The Nikkei gained 2.5%, buoyed by overall optimism & BOJ Governor Kuroda's comments to parliament that the nation was not heading toward deflation. Brent crude is back at March levels, the NZD
The Opening Belle - Risk On, Vaccine Rollout, Brexit Positivity
A 'risk on' start to the week. U.S. futures pointing higher, Asian indices in the green (Japan closed for holiday today), oil slightly stronger with CL trading in the high 42's and Brent over $45. South Korea's
The Opening Belle - Side Effects May Include Premature Optimism
Plenty of positivity in Asian markets overnight, the Nikkei closing earlier at the highest level since 1991. European & U.S. futures are positive, but painting a more cautious picture for now. Note that U.S. bond markets